CREATE YOUR BOOK
- Launch Microsoft Word.
- Launch the Book Design Wizard following the instructions found here.
- Fill out the information asked for on each tab such as Book Title, Author, Book Size, Fonts, etc., clicking on Next after each section is complete.
- After you have filled out all of the information, click on Create Book.
- Open your original document that contains your book’s chapters.
- Copy the text from your first chapter. Be careful not to copy a section break marker (see Common Problems below).
- Double click on the [Double Click to Add Text] under the first chapter in the document created by the Book Design Wizard. Choose one of the options listed. If you were careful to not copy a section break marker in your original document use the second option. Repeat this process for each chapter.
- Repeat the process above for the front and end matter sections such as Foreword, Dedication, About the Author, etc.
- If you need to add a new chapter, add drop caps, change the fonts, change the book size, etc., you can use the tools found in the Book Design Wizard toolbar.